Monday, June 30, 2008

Neuf - Watching Pacquiao Win Irritates Me

Wondering why in my every post there is always foreign word in its title? Well, they're French cardinal numbers. I learned French back in college and I am loving the language since then. I realized that putting a foreign words in my posts would somehow make my blog distinct from the other.    
                                                   
Anyway, yesterday I watched Pacquiao-Diaz fight and I was really pissed off the way GMA-7 covered it. The whole coverage was flooded with commercials. The main event (Pacquiao-Diaz) started at exactly 1 o'clock in the afternoon and can you imagine ROUND 1 began at 1:25pm? Because after every National Anthem there was a commercial. (I had seen a lot of things that pissed me off but they are not worth the space here).                   
                                  
I am hoping that the next time GMA-7 will cover Pacquiao's fight, they'll minimize their commercials. I completely understand that commercial is the lifeblood of television but I believe they should use it wisely. They should not also think for themselves but for their viewers.
             
 
   

No comments: