Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dix - A Sign? (Part 1)

I cannot understand what I am feeling right now. I feel so ANNOYED but at the same time PLEASED. I feel so HOPELESS but at the same time HOPEFUL. I just don't know what to do.        
                                      
Here's why:
                                             
After graduating from a degree in Political Science three months ago, I decided not to pursue Law  because I want to give myself a break FIRST from more than a decade of studying. Besides, it will give me more time to think and weigh things up if I really want to be a LAWYER or whatever. 
                  
So, on 07 May 2008, I went to John Clements Consultants, Inc.  office in the mall to find and get a job. I took a computer-based exam, I passed. Initial interview, I passed. Paper-based exam from the company, I passed. I was advised to return the next day for the FINAL INTERVIEW.
                    
And here's the CATCH baby, I didn't know the job I was applying for until the lady from John Clements told me about the Final Interview from "THIS" company, and it turned out that the job was a CALL CENTER AGENT.
            
I don't have anything against call center but before graduation in college I promised to myself that if ever I will not take Law, I will not work in a call center. Because almost all of the graduates I know ahead of me are working in a call center. I just want to be different.
                                   
The next day, I went back and BREEZED THROUGH the final interview. I realized nothing is wrong if I try. Call center is COOL and nothing to fear about. In fact, it will do me good. I'll get to speak American English with a twang and at the same time get paid! Graveyard shift is not an issue with me.